Friday, February 6, 2009

How did I get here?

Ever ask yourself how you have gotten to a certain point in your life? I have been asking that question a lot in the last 6 mos or so. In the late part of last year my husband and I both turned 40, my "baby" boy turn 13 and my "baby" girl turned 10 (two whole hands)! Where did the time go?? Where did my babies go?? I am so thankful that I scrapbook, because I have the opportunity to relive so many moments of our life over and over, instead of just putting the pics away in boxes. Scrapbooking can also bring out a very emotional side to me. Sometimes when I look back at the pics of my "babies" my heart aches because I realize just how fast the days pass by.

Another "how did I get here" moment took place tonight. I dropped my son and friends at the movies tonight. I had tears in my eyes as my son looked back at me (probably to make sure I wasn't following w/a camera) and then turned and went off with his friends. Talk about a "he doesn't need me anymore moment" - wow! I know deep in my heart that we have raised him to be a great person, which is why he has been given the privilege to go with just friends, but it really ranked up there as one of the hardest things that I have ever had to do. I know that there are many more of these moments ahead, but I can not see it getting any easier. I will continue to pray that the Lord will watch over and protect my "babies". I will also say a prayer for all of the other mothers that have gone, are going or will go through these same moments to have the strength that is needed to stay behind and let them go.

No comments:

Post a Comment