Friday, March 27, 2009

Finally some layouts and cards!

Okay anyone who knows my daughter knows that she is a tomboy. No flowers, frills, ruffle, scallop edges, bright colors (unless pertaining to basketball) and definately NO PINK! This "pink" karate shirt was given to Maddie by Mr. Kook (he is one of Michael's Karate Instructors). She has had a crush on him for sometime. My journaling will go something like this... (converstation between my husband and I)
Me: Look what Mr. Kook gave Maddie
Him: It's pink
Me: But it's from Mr. Kook
Him: But it's pink
Me: But it's Karate
Him: But it's pink
Me: But it's from Mr. Kook
Needless to say she wore it the next day. I took advantage of the pink shirt and used every pink embellishment that I have been wanting to use and ta da - this was the end product!

The above 3 pages are just some from the past that I did. I figure anything that I did before blogging is fair game on here!

The 3 layouts above are from a kit that a friend of mine put together. Let's all give it up for Carrie!! Carrie teaches kids classes at the LSS that I use to manage. I was ordering the kits for Maddie, but decided to use them myself. I just LOVE her stuff!!!!

Chemoangel.com - this is a site where people who are going through any kind of chemo can join and they will be assigned an angel. There are several types of angels - I am a card angel. Once a week I send a card to my patient. Currently I have 2 patients. One is a women who has breast cancer (the above cards were made for her) and a 4 year old boy with luekemia. I encourage all of you to check out this site and become an angel. One card a week - that's it.

3 comments:

  1. What a great gift you are giving by just making a couple of simple cards a week! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layouts and what a blessing you are to do this with your cards.
    blessings
    jennie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, it's my card :) I do have to say that I have truly enjoyed receiving your cards for the past few months. They're amazing. And as a scrapbooker myself, I truly enjoy all the work you are putting in these. You're a true angel :)

    Caroline

    PS. That card is one of my favorite. I plan on keeping every single one of them.

    ReplyDelete